British outdoor brand Rab is about to launch the third season of their successful The Mountain People Podcast. Renowned mountaineer and host Andy Cave will explore what it means to “Be Bold” in climbing, with a diverse range of inspiring guests.
Whatever the discipline, spending time in the mountains will always be accompanied by an element of risk. However, being bold is not just about physical risk, at some point we all encounter mental barriers and defining the right mindset is crucial.
“This series features conversations about ‘being bold’ – the mental side of climbing – with a fascinating and diverse range of individuals. How can we be the best that we can be? What are the barriers that we must overcome? I am very excited to see this series launch, it is packed with insight and authenticity,” Said Andy Cave, host of The Mountain People Podcast.
The series provides candid, personal and sometimes surprising insights into the lives of inspiring mountain folk from around the world. This time we hear from:
- Lew Hardy, mountain guide and professor at the Institute for the Psychology of Elite Performance at Bangor University;
- Bronwyn Hodgins, elite rock climber based in Squamish BC, Canada and Rab athlete (already known from the Podcast’s first season);
- Jerry Moffatt, one of the best climbers in the world through the 80s and 90s;
- Angus Kille, climbing instructor and coach based in North Wales and Rab athlete (already known from the Podcast’s first season);
- Rachel Crewesmith, BMC instructor, coach, and mentor;
- Michelle Nevill, a proud mum in her early forties. Michelle was diagnosed with depression in 2009 and has struggled with mental health over the years – until she discovered climbing;
Marie Uri, raised in Guadeloupe and then Paris before moving to London. Marie has Type 2 Diabetes and describes herself as being ‘a generous body type person’. She was introduced to walking and climbing through the Marleybone Mountaineering club.
After great feedback from the podcast’s first two seasons, the new episodes will go live on 25th July and will be rolled out weekly on Spotify, Apple Podcasts and Google Podcasts as well as Amazon Music, Podcast Addict, Deezer and Player FM.