adidas TERREX builds upon its SS23 Hiking offering, with the launch of the new FREE HIKER 2 and the SKYCHASER TECH MID GORE-TEX.
As more people seek connection and exploration of the world around them, the drops are designed to give these adventurers the confidence to take on the great outdoors equipped with the latest products, built for exploring the natural world.
Hiking, roaming and exploring, are perfect ways to enjoy nature at its finest. They allow us to disconnect and be in the now. But they also provide us with the opportunity to test our limits and embrace new and energizing challenges”, said Carla Murphy, Global General Manager of adidas TERREX. “That is why at adidas TERREX creating technical footwear, that helps more people to experience the great outdoors – whether they want to go on their longest hike yet in comfort or need a shoe that enables them to experience the great outdoors at full speed – is core to our mission and how we continue to connect more meaningfully with our hiking communities.”
FOR THE LONG HIKES
With the launch of the new FREE HIKER 2, adidas TERREX introduces the latest iteration of its iconic FREE HIKER shoe. Initially tested on the Pacific Crest Trail, the new silhouette provides hikers, who want to experience long distance adventures, with a shoe that offers support, with a unique style.
Building on TERREX’s history of bringing athletic innovation to the outdoors, the TERREX FREE HIKER 2 is a lightweight hiking boot that offers comfort and a secure grip on any type of trail. From forest roads, to gravel, and muddy hiking paths – the TERREX FREE HIKER 2 is built for all conditions.
Key features of the shoe include:
- From Plastic to Performance: Made with at least 50% recycled materials in the upper, this product represents just one of adidas’ solutions to help End Plastic Waste.
- Snug, sock-like fit: Making hiking more fun and comfortable, the snug sock-like fit hugs the foot and adapts to any movement.
- Grip at any step: The Continental™ rubber outsole provides a reliable level of traction
- BOOST midsole: Offering comfort and incredible energy return thanks to BOOST cushioning.
To inspire more people to tie their hiking boots and explore the great outdoors, this September, adidas TERREX introduces a United by Summits relay along one of the most beautiful hiking paths in the world – the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) in Oregon, USA.
With sections of the relay ranging from single day hikes to ultramarathon distance, there’ll be a stage for all abilities. To experience the summit of a lifetime, adventurers from select countries can apply by signing up or logging into adiClub, selecting their preferred relay stage and answering a few questions. Applications can be submitted from Tuesday 11th April until Tuesday 23rd May. Winners will be contacted via email. More information can be found at adidas.com/unitedbysummits
AT FULL SPEED
The second hiking shoe launching this spring – the all-new TERREX SKYCHASER TECH MID GORE-TEX – is built for fast and efficient movements on any terrain. The shoe merges key benefits of hiking and trail running shoes, ensuring comfort while supporting speed and agility. Featuring a stealth rubber outsole and a trail running inspired lug profile, the shoe provides a feeling of stickiness and grip, which is essential when moving through rocky terrain at full speed.
Key features of the shoe include:
- Gore-Tex: The shoe features a waterproof and breathable membrane
- All mountain grip: Made for technical terrain, the shoe offers reliable grip through stealth rubber, as well as a lug profile
- Lightweight midfoot support: The lightweight Lightstrike EVA midsole is designed for cushioning while its plate construction is designed to offer protection and stability
- Snug fit: The asymmetrical lacing of the shoe helps harnessing the foot, creating a snug fit and a secure heel lockdown
- From plastic to performance: Made with at least 50% recycled materials in the upper, this product represents just one of adidas’ solutions to help End Plastic Waste.
The TERREX SKYCHASER TECH MIDGORE-TEX (RRP €250) will be available from 30th March and the TERREX FREE HIKER 2 (RRP €250) from 3rd April on the adidas app, via www.adidas.com/terrex and selected retailers.