OTS saw the launch of a ladies Halkon Jacket from ethical clothing brand Páramo, along with design updates to some of the existing garments in the brand’s collection.
Available from SS23 the ladies Halkon Jacket, with a flattering feminine fit, follows on from the successful men’s Halcon which has been keeping naturalists warm, dry and quiet for over ten years. Waterproof, durable, with superb venting, the new women’s Halkon is ideal for those who love a pocket – nine to be exact! This impressive on-board storage will appeal to photographers, nature-lovers and wildlife watchers, while the Nikwax Analogy Waterproof fabric provides weather protection without the rustle of a membrane.
- Fully adjustable roll away hood with wired peak for excellent field of vision.
- Fleece lined collar for comfort.
- Two-way reversed zip with poppered internal storm flap for ventilation and access to inner layers.
- Upper forward-facing arm vents for temperature control.
- Reinforced shoulder and centre back construction for increased comfort when carrying packs.
- Easily adjustable cuff design with hook and loop fastenings, allowing sleeves to be pushed or rolled up for cooling.
- Waist drawcord with pulls concealed inside hand warming pockets.
- Two external secure and ‘dry’ chest pockets large enough for OS map storage.
- Two large bellows pockets on the lower torso for storing larger objects.
- Two zipped and fleece lined pockets for hand warming.
- Two lower inner mesh drop pockets for additional storage.
- A zipped internal mesh left chest pocket for smaller valuables.
Páramo also showcased the new updated Velez Smock. In addition to an improved feminine fit on the women’s version the following design updates have been adopted for both the men’s and women’s smocks:
- A new ‘halo’ hood, similar to that on the Velez Jacket, offering excellent field of vision and weather protection.
- Arm vents for extra ventilation and temperature control.
- Small secure pocket inside the large front pocket for storing small valuables.
There are also new colours in both the men’s and women’s popular Katmai and Socorro.