Huge numbers of people have taken to indoor climbing in the UK over the last year. It’s one of the biggest growth sports in the world, no doubt fuelled by its debut at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, and now there’s a new Climb Club on the scene that will be touring the UK.
TENZING is giving people the opportunity to climb with the best in the game and a chance to exchange tips and tricks with world class climbers. When’s the last time you had a session with a World Cup climber? A dynamic movement mogul? A crew of YouTube sensations? No, we didn’t think so! TENZING Climb Sessions will take place on the first Tuesday of every month at a selection of venues across the UK and each promises to be an evening to remember. A selection of world-class climbers including; Aidan Roberts, Molly Thomspon-Smith, Louis Parkinson and the Bouldering Bobat Crew will be hosting these sessions throughout 2022.
On Tuesday 1st March you can join the TENZING crew for the first edition of their monthly climbing sessions – hosted by 8C+ boulderer & one of the strongest climbers in the world – Aidan Roberts. Aidan’s been pushing the standards of what’s possible in bouldering and he’s only just getting started. Aidan will be giving tips and tricks on how to master and improve your board climbing – for both those just starting out and those looking to take it to the next level.
Climbing is a full-body workout: your forearms will get a real workout and each session will test almost every muscle in your body. Core, leg, back and glute strength are all crucial in indoor climbing to help you scale new heights.
People will test themselves against Aidan’s bespoke board problem of the night and be in with the chance of winning custom TENZING X Arc’teryx kit. And of course you can grab a can of ice cold TENZING on the house to power you through your session.
- You can purchase a ticket on Eventbrite for £6.50
- This ticket grants you entry for 1x session on the 1st of March 2022 5pm – 8:30pm
- Ticket price includes shoe hire for those who need it
- On arrival, please check in, warm up and look out for Team TENZING and Aidan Roberts, who will be by the comp wall
- For those climbing the first time at one of the lakeland climbing centres you have to preregister before you arrive using this link: https://londonclimbingcentres.co.uk/pre-register/. If not registered you may be refused entry.
Follow @Tenzing on Instagram for details on the upcoming sessions.