World leading aftercare and waterproofing solutions specialist Nikwax is celebrating 10 years of its high performance PFAS-Free Hydrophobic Down partnership with pioneering brand.
In 2013 Rab was the first brand to use Nikwax fluorocarbon-free Hydrophobic Down in its iconic Microlight down jacket. Both brands are celebrating this long-standing partnership, which is built on shared values of high performance and low environmental impact. The brand has continued to innovate and improve the performance of NHD and offers with the best performing down treatment technology, free from environmentally persistent chemicals.
What is NHD?
- Nikwax Hydrophobic Down + (NHD+) and Nikwax Hydrophobic Down Recycled (NHD Recycled) are the best performing waterproof down fills available.
- NHD+ exceeds 10,000 minutes of shake time in water using the industry standard, IFDB 18a shake test. NHD recycled exceeds 1,000 minutes.
- The water repellent treatment helps to keep the down’s natural structure when exposed to water, ensuring it doesn’t lose its loft and retains its performance and breathability.
- Users will be kept dry, warm and comfortable even in wet conditions, which standard down is not suitable for.
- Designed for lasting performance with Nikwax aftercare products.
A milestone and industry-first during their partnership, was the development of Nikwax Hydrophobic Down Recycled. This was included in Rab’s Microlight jackets in 2020 and can now be found in many Rab down products. Rab is constantly increasing their use of recycled fabric and materials across their ranges. The brands will be sharing the celebrations with their customers, offering the chance to win 1 of 10 Rab microlight jackets and Nikwax Down Care kits.
Zoe Hewitt, Head of Marketing, said: “Our long-standing relationship with Rab is a prime example of how working together with shared goals can achieve more. We are proud to have produced the best performing PFAS-free Hydrophobic Down on a global scale. Our customers do not have to choose between performance and sustainability, with Nikwax they can have both.”
“We chose to work with Nikwax because they give our consumers confidence, because they offer known and trusted waterproofing treatments,” said Haydn Cornish-Jenkins, Rab Corporate Social Responsibility Coordinator.