If you want to hike and bike without the bulk or the baggage of a tent, the new Ridge Raider Bivi is a brilliantly versatile solution.
This freestanding, single-skin bivi combines a waterproof bathtub base with an air-permeable upper built from Pertex Shield Air. As a lightweight three-layer fabric with an enhanced air permeable membrane, it delivers outstanding overnight dryness, condensation control and comfort. With an overhead hoop and a micro pole at the foot, there’s plenty of structured volume for sleeping with vital gear like your gloves, batteries, water bottle and backpack. The zipped main entry also comes with an integrated mosquito mesh door and an internal height of 60cm for a comfortable, almost tent-like experience. At 890g with a packed size of 32cm x 15cm, it delivers a level of outdoor flexibility way out of proportion to its weight and scale.
Pertex® Shield Air Fabric
Pertex® Shield Air uses an air permeable nanofibre membrane to provide extremely breathable waterproof protection. Durable, soft, and quiet it offers protection in all conditions.
- Weight:890g / 31.2oz
- Weight:890g / 31.4oz
- Product Code:MR-67
- Bathtub base with taped waterproof seams
- Spacious sleep area provided by DAC pressfit pole at head end, and a short vertical pole at the foot
- Air-permeable waterproof upper fabric for high levels of comfort
- Zipped main entry, with internal mosquito mesh door
- 6 external peg points and 3 guy lines
- Includes 9 DAC V-stakes
- 240cm length x 80cm shoulder width x 60cm internal height at head
- Packed size: 32cm x 15cm
- Main – Pertex Shield Air 15D polyamide 3L ripstop with PU membrane and polyamide backer/ 90gsm/ HH: 15,000mm/ MVTR: 20,000 g/m2/24 hours/ DWR
- Lining – 40D ripstop nylon with PU coated back / 108gsm / HH: 10,000mm/ DWR