British backpack specialist Lowe Alpine (owned by Equip Outdoor Technologies Ltd.) has launched the new Sirac pack range. Featuring a sturdy design as well as an advanced, lightweight back system, the fully featured Sirac is made with part recycled fabrics (50% recycled 420D Dobby and 100% recycled 600D PW). Stable and strong over rugged terrain, the Sirac is ideal for carrying heavy loads on multi-day mountain treks and backpacking adventures.
At Lowe Alpine, it’s all about freedom, enabling adventures on challenging terrain. Honed for rugged environments with hardwearing and reliable construction, Lowe Alpine packs are built to last a lifetime of rigorous use. The Sirac range perfectly reflects Lowe Alpine’s heritage and translates it into a future-leading design, made to satisfy the wanderlust of trekking and backpacking enthusiasts.
Designed to provide a lightweight and highly supportive carry, the Sirac’s Air Contour X carry system is ideal for long distance adventure. The Air Contour X is constructed with injection moulded nylon, forming a flexible and supportive panel that contours with the shape of your spine. A lattice structure is created down the centre with additional cut-outs across the lumbar and shoulders, reducing weight while maintaining the integrity of the pack. This also provides torsional flex which allows the pack to move with you.
The lightweight spring steel sub frame provides structural support at the top of the pack without the need for additional material. Padding is in the form of the high comfort EVA foam, the softest Lowe Alpine has ever used, with exceptional rebound for added cushioning. It is strategically positioned in sections, creating air channels that allow air to flow across the back for enhanced breathability. With excellent load transfer, the Air Contour X provides a strong, stable and lightweight carry which compliments the Sirac’s range of technical features.
The Siracs’ feature set at a glance:
• 50% recycled 420D Dobby and 100% recycled 600D PW / HydroShield,
• Adjustable Air Contour™ X carry system,
• Integrated and detachable raincover for complete weather protection,
• Sleeping bag compartment with divider for extra organised packing,
• Dual access side stretch mesh pockets,
• Elastic front stash great for stowing wet gear,
• Hydration compatible with internal hydration sleeve that fits a 3L bladder,
• Lash points for additional gear carrying options,
• Base and side compression straps to cinch for a more secure carry,
• Floating hipbelt pockets for easy access to essentials on the move,
• Walking pole attachment points,
• Grab handle,
• Sternum strap with whistle to attract attention,
• Key clip,
• SOS panel.
Dan Jenkin, Senior Pack Designer at Lowe Alpine, explains: “The simplicity of the Sirac’s ventilated Air Contour™ X carry system keeps weight to a minimum whilst allowing the air to flow. At the same time, it’s flexible and strong, moving with you to comfortably carry heavy loads across varied terrain.”
The Sirac packs are available as Sirac 40, Sirac 50, Sirac 65, Sirac ND40, Sirac ND50, Sirac ND65.
Weight:1,77kg – 1,92kg.