COROS Wearables Inc., makers of endurance sports wearables and training software, announced today the release of the COROS APEX 2 and the COROS APEX 2 Pro.
Designed for performance over all types of terrain, the APEX 2 and APEX 2 Pro GPS Outdoor Watches are built with revolutionary technologies for the most ambitious goals.
Exciting features of APEX 2 and APEX 2 Pro include:
- 24/7 heart-rate monitoring with next-generation optical Heart Rate sensor
- Equipped with Dual-Frequency GPS Chipset for best-in-industry accuracy (APEX 2 Pro Only)
- Communicates with all 5 major global satellite systems simultaneously
- Even longer battery life than their predecessors.
- Global offline maps including landscape, topography, and hybrid views
- 2x more scratch-resistant titanium bezel
- The unparalleled COROS Training Hub, Coaching and Training System
“We know that this is the most anticipated product launch in the history of COROS, but we are confident that it was worth the wait.” said Lewis Wu, CEO of COROS Wearables, Inc. “Our development team worked diligently to find the best hardware and corresponding design to offer our users the greatest possible accuracy in these new watches.”
A key upgrade to the APEX 2 series is its brand-new optical heart rate sensor, featuring an 8-LED system in a customized layout, protected by a smooth, scratch-resistant cover. With advanced signal noise removal algorithms, APEX 2 and APEX 2 Pro deliver a new level of heart rate accuracy for activity, everyday wear, and sleep tracking.
Additional APEX 2 features and specs include:
- 1.2-inch sapphire glass screen with touchscreen capabilities
- 45 hours – full GPS battery life
- 17 days – daily use of battery
- 8GB of internal storage including onboard music and mapping
With even greater capabilities, APEX 2 Pro offers:
- 1.3-inch sapphire glass screen with touchscreen capabilities
- 75 hours – full GPS battery life
- 30 days – daily use of battery
- 32GB of internal storage including onboard music and mapping
Coming soon, the COROS App will add a new route-planning feature to its robust navigational ecosystem. Once available, the user will simply open their app, draw their preferred route, and the Route Planner will offer the optimal path based on the closest trails or streets available. The COROS ecosystem is also compatible with popular 3rd party route builders, such as Strava and Komoot.
The COROS APEX 2 and APEX 2 Pro are available to order now on coros.com and through select running speciality retailers and international distribution partners. Customers can get a first look at the new styles, and purchase on-site at the NYC Marathon Expo opening today at the Javits Convention Center at 10 AM. The APEX 2 has a suggested retail price of $399 USD / £419 GBP, and the APEX 2 Pro has a suggested retail price of $499 USD / £499 GBP.