British outdoor brand Rab (owned by Equip Outdoor Technologies Ltd.) has received the well-respected ISPO Award for its new Mythic G Jacket, designed for ambitious mountain activities in the most extreme environments and available to end consumers in Autumn/Winter 2023.
The Mythic G Jacket is part of Rab’s successful Mythic collection and the ISPO Award particularly celebrates its outstanding warmth-to-weight ratio. Together with Rab’s new product highlights, the Mythic G Jacket will be showcased at the upcoming ISPO trade show, taking place in Munich on 28th-30th November 2022.
Over four decades, Rab have honed their reputation as Masters of Insulation. Their range is always evolving and with the new Mythic G Jacket, available in a women’s and a men’s version, now they’ve pushed their limits. Again. Building on extensive R&D Rab did for their award-winning Mythic family, the Mythic G Jacket combines ultralight 1000FP down and 7D fabric with ground-breaking TILT (Thermo Ionic Lining Technology) and a highly streamlined cut. Whilst the Mythic G is 13% lighter compared to its predecessor, it is filled with 10% more down, ensuring the jacket’s industry-leading warmth-to-weight ratio without compromising on performance and protection.
The Mythic G Jacket’s feature set includes:
- 1000FP European Goose Down (127g / 4.5oz, Size M) for lightweight warmth,
- 7D Atmos™ nylon ripstop (23gsm) with fluorocarbon-free DWR & 7D ripstop nylon with TILT (23gsm),
- Body mapped TILT lining to improve heat retention and enable thermoregulation,
- Stitch through construction to reduce weight and improve breathability and mobility,
- Precurved and articulated sleeves for improved fit and movement,
- Reduced volume down-filled hood with part elastication and stiffened peak,
- Lightweight YKK® VISLON® centre front zip with fleece lined chin guard,
- Two YKK® concealed zipped handwarmer pockets,
- Elasticated cuffs for optimum fit and reduced bulk,
- Hem adjustment,
- Weight: 277g/9.8oz (Size M/Men’s) & 252.5g/8.9oz (Size 10/Women’s).
As the ISPO Award jury states: “Rab certainly knows how to master insulation to a T. Extremely warm, extremely light and at the same time super durable and packable: This jacket is for alpinists that count every gram and want all the warmth they can get without a weight penalty. The Mythic G is still smartly designed and packed with all the features you wouldn’t want to miss. An extra bonus for female alpinists is definitely the women’s specific fit.”
The ISPO Award honours the most outstanding products and services in sports. The award serves not only the media and retailers, but above all consumers as an orientation aid and basis for purchasing decisions in a multi-layered market.